Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Last Cabinet

 Routing the final cabinet for the rails.
Glue up and assembly...
 Completed carcase

So it's taken approximately a year to build and install all of the cabinet boxes for the kitchen. I've learned a lot in that time. The last cabinet was head and shoulders better than the first. None of them were bad, it's just that you learn better techniques as you go along. It's been a fun process. I still have to build boxes for the island as well.

They won't really ever be noticed once the doors are installed. But I know that I used really good material and they are solid. They should be around way after I'm gone. I could usually build two out of each sheet of plywood. The 3/4" birch plywood cost about $50 per sheet. I probably used around six sheets. I've got lots of labor in them but probably less than $1000 in material. The doors and the hardware will be expensive so it will maybe cost another $1000 to complete the job. Custom cabinets would have been well over $5K. They ain't perfect but I'm okay with that. They turned out alright.

Last wall cabinet installed!

Now if I only had some doors...









Before...











Next, counter tops, tile, trim, etc. etc...











No comments:

Post a Comment